Blog Details

What Are Your Options For Financing A Fitout?
September 6, 2023 jun Strategy Session

If you’re looking to fitout your business premises – like a café, office or studio – you have a number of options at your disposal.


Cash | Cash is the simplest way to pay for your fitout, but it might not be the best use of funds. If you have spare cash, this will save time and money. However, most businesses tend to need the extra cash flow for day-to-day operations.


Operating lease/Rent to buy | This financing option is a completely secured loan backed by the assets within your fitout – including fixtures, fittings, and equipment. Generally, you have the capacity to secure a loan equivalent to 30% of the soft expenses while the remaining 70% covers the more substantial costs (IT equipment, cabinetry, machinery, chattels). Typically, repayment periods for these loans range from 1 to 5 years.


Remortgage or partial remortgage | If you own real estate then you can finance a fitout from the equity in your property. This will possibly mean lower interest rates but requires you to own real estate. There are also legal implications if you are to default on the repayments.


Unsecured or semi-secured | You might also be able to secure a fitout loan against some of the items in the office, or even none at all. Unsecured finance generally attracts a higher rate compared to a secured loan. You will also likely have to pay the loan down faster.



Related Posts
When to use invoice financing

Invoice financing is a great way to help smooth out your business's cash flow.  .

Read More
Shoppers return to brick and mortar stores

After a COVID-led surge in online sales shoppers are now headed back to bricks and.

Read More
Commercial investors flock to Queensland

Commercial investors have been focussing on Queensland on the back of its strong population growth.

Read More